Webmaster (full-time) | January 2012 – present
Harris County Department of Education
- Implement and support Web portal and associated applications.
- Prepare a long-term plan for website development and presence, including standards and guidelines for content, based on organizational goals and input from stakeholders.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across the website by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout, and creating appropriate templates to assist content authors.
- Find, diagnose, and fix website problems, including broken links (both internal and external), typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies.
- Identify, implement, and manage website presence and promotion opportunities.
- Participate in the development and integration of graphical and multimedia components into the website, including audio and video, with due regard paid to appropriate compression techniques, resolution, sizes, color maps, and depths to ensure high quality and speed of delivery.
- Develop, implement, and enforce website appropriate use and privacy policies.
- Ensure sensitive and/or classified organizational information is not inadvertently posted to the website.
- Set and enforce compatibility and interoperability standards that ensure site accessibility for users with older browser versions as well as low-speed connections.
- Set and enforce standards that ensure site accessibility for users with disabilities or impairments following Section 508.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on website traffic.
- Track and evaluate new standards, technologies and trends in website development, design, and delivery.
- Assess competing websites as regards content, look and feel, and functionality, and make improvement recommendations to our organization’s site.