Chief Web Developer/Social Media Coordinator (full-time) | July 2007 – June 2009
Senior Web Designer/Developer (full-time) 2007-2009
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Public Outreach and Strategies Division
- Served in a leadership role for Window on State Government and agency Web initiatives.
- Ensured agency information and services were communicated and presented in an effective, usable and efficient manner by following aesthetic design and layout principles.
- Designed and developed Web pages using valid HTML and other mark-up languages to create a polished and professional end-product.
- Worked with CPA staff to develop innovative Web solutions to meet business and user needs with respect to usability, functionality and performance.
- Advised management on issues ranging from technical strategies to commercial Web applications and products.
- Advised management on Web-based communication issues from strategies to solutions.
- Assisted in Web usability testing of agency Web sites to ensure designs followed usability fundamentals and continued to meet the needs and expectations of site visitors.
- Analyzed and responded to internal and external customer feedback.
- Ensured Web content followed agency, state and federal guidelines for accessibility (Section 508).
- Monitored industry standards, trends and best practices along with laws, directives and policies.
- Monitored and analyzed agency Web statistics and prepared reports for management.
- Researched, strategized and implemented social media and Web 2.0 technologies to expand agency methods of communicating, marketing and collaborating.